|Release Date (kToS)||15/12/2015|
|Release Date (iToS)||29/03/2016|
|Original Spelling||Doppelsöldner (german)|
|Main Weapon||2h Sword|
The Doppelsoeldner are relatively new, most have either taken the Pledge of the Blade or work actively as mercenaries.
The Doppelsoeldners are mercenaries that will willingly risk their own lives for financial gain. They leave themselves open to enemy attack in order to strike back harder or gain extra benefits.
No data yet.
All sources point out for Doppelsoeldners to be an elite branch of Landsknechte, german mercenary pikeman from late 15th and early 16th century. The name is a combination of doppel and soldner and can be translated as 'double pay-earner' or 'double mercenary' and reflects their value and experience in combat, this is further supported by the fact they fought in the vanguard and could be requested to break out formations as one of the riskier tasks in combat.
From the few records available the weapons of preference for Doppelsoldners would be in the farther reach category being halberds and partisans as their polearms or even zweihänders, the latter is reflected in game as the class is bind to 2h swords in the majority of skills. It's believed that zweihänders was employed in combat to deflect enemies pikes in order to make opening for their allies, this could be effective as the cutting potential of the weapon would present considerable danger and thus limit their enemies actions as weapons were in bind. Despite that some sources point out the use of ranged weapons such as crossbow and harquebuses which wouldn't be odd granted that most soldiers would employ ranged weapons if they could. The advent of firearms marked the end of foots mercenaries as they couldn't resist nor fight back the range advantage resulting in only a century of glory.
Doppelsoeldner is currently the only class in the game that requires 2h Swords to use skills, however the class provides a single skill distribution route that uses all skill points and doesn't require the weapon.
Skills and Attributes
|Unlock||Full Level||Combo Skills - 5 Levels Only|
|Lvl 1|| || || || || || |
| || || || || || || |
|Lvl 16|| || |
| || |
|Lvl 31|| |
| || || |
|Buff||Increases the damage you deal to enemies, but also increases the damage you receive.|
|Pierce|| Deeply pierce a collapsed enemy.|
Deals damage only to collapsed enemies.
|Slash|| Strike with your weapon diagonally.|
The attack ignores a portion of the enemy's defense.
|Slash|| Inflict damage and put the enemy into a state of shock with a big slash attack.|
Maxed at level 5.
|Slash|| Slash side-to-side with your weapon and deal continuous damage to an enemy in front of you.|
Damage on Shocked enemies is increased.
Can only be used after Zornhau.
Maxed at level 5.
|Slash|| Deals successive attacks to an enemy in front by swinging your weapon.|
Bleeding enemies receive increased damage.
Can only be used after Zucken.
Maxed at level 5.
|Buff|| Applies a buff that increases Looting Chance. |
Increases your damage taken.
|Slash|| Swing the sword in one hand to attack a wide range of enemies.|
Hit enemies become affected with Bleeding.
|Slash|| Use centrifugal force to turn and continuously attack enemies.|
★ If the Frenzy buff is active with 10 or more stacks, when Cyclone ends, enemies on the spot receive damage for 3 seconds.
|Doppelsoeldner - Tough||Base lvl 350||10||• Reduces your Stamina by 5, but adds 1% critical chance per attribute level and increases AoE attack ratio +1 per attribute level in Doppelsoeldner skills.|
Critical chance and AoE Attack Ratio increases by 10% and 10 when maxed.
|Zwerchhau - Connect||Base lvl 350||1||• Allows you to use Zucken - Redel after Zwerchhau|
|Cyclone - Movement||None||1||• Allows movement when using Cyclone
Increases SP consumption by 30%.
|Cyclone - Ravage||None||1||• Significantly increases the range of Cyclone. |
Increases cooldown by 5 sec
The following skills were removed from Doppelsoeldner.
- In english the standard spelling for word is Doppelsoldner, it's likely that this additional E was added on part of localization due how the word is pronounced in german and the ¨ accent may not be as intuitive for english speaking audience nor for an international version of the game.
- On verge of costume the design uses the Landsknechte flamboyant clothing as it was composed to set them apart in the battlefield, the huge sleeves and bright colors were used by this group just as we can see in Doppelsoeldners costume. 
- Skills that weren't inspired by the core concept of Doppelsoeldner are real two handed sword techniques described in historical fencing manuals, this seems to be a design choice based on the weapon as the combat style of the group itself isn't well documented.
- The class icon takes the German coat of arms in the front of a flag followed by horizontal stripes. 
- Currently Doppelsoeldner is the only class in game that is exclusive to 2h swords, however there is an unofficial group for the weapon composed by Highlander and Barbarian as they formerly had the attribute required to equip 2h swords.